Friday, March 11, 2011

Just the Norm

It's been a while! I am trying to remember what all has happened since I last blogged and I have discovered that I am getting old because I have no clue.
I do recall last Sunday enjoying having our District Overseer and his family with us in church.  It was a great blessing to us all. They are great people and we love them very much.  Br. Jonathan preached a fantastic message.  After service we decided to go eat and after a few set backs we ended up at Red Top.  It was soooo yummy!  We had a great time fellowshipping and the kids had a little to much fun I think :)  Crazy kids!
We headed back to our house and sat around visiting  some more until the Smiths had to head back to Aurora for evening service. 
The rest of the week is just been the usual cooking, cleaning, laundry, and school.  Although I am thankful that I can stay at home and do these things for my family.  Isaac had REALLY began to read whole books.  He read a line the other day with out me around and said MOM I REALLY CAN READ!! He was sooo excited as was I.  He is doing so good in school and it makes me feel good that I am not a hinderance to his learning.  Aleah is doing great with her numbers, alphabet, and letter sounds. She already knows her colors and most of all the other stuff too but I just want to make sure she REALLY gets it.  Lillie well she is just Lillie. She knows all her colors as well. She enjoys doing school stuff right along with the other two.  She likes to write and color and be busy with something all the time.  I have some pretty great kids.
Tonight Dustin was playing a new game the kids got for Christmas called The Lady Bug game and you would not believe how my 29 yr old husband was acting because he was losing to our 4yr old daughter.  PITIFUL let me tell ya.  She would just sit over there and smile and smile while someone else was whining.  It was pretty great!
This Sunday is our shared service with Pueblo folks here in Springs.  Tomorrow afternoon the Wantuloks and the Lewis' are coming up to stay the night and hang out for the evening.  We have planned a cookout. I love having cookouts. And I love being with friends.  Well I guess I will say goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Aleah has to play games with such a poor sport. ;-) Too bad she can't find a more mature playmate.
    Sounds like you had a great time with the Smiths. I like that family, too. :-D
    Enjoy your time with the Pueblo crowd. I miss everybody out there. You are living out "the good ole days"--ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete